The creation of Fjellerup Strands Camping
During the 1930’s the first summer houses were built near the Danish coasts. This led to parts of the coast being privately owned. People in Fjellerup became concerned that the private ownership would reduce the access to the beach.
The Savings Bank in Fjellerup had the foresight to purchase the 5 hectares of land where the campsite has home. It meant that people from Fjellerup and neighbouring areas could continue to cycle to the beach and enjoy the nature and the sea.
Development of the camp site
A lot has happened since the 1930’s and in 1975 the ownership of the campsite was moved into a business trust with local people on the board.
Since then the camp site has added more pitches and several buildings such as reception, shop and activity hall. Today it is possible to enjoy a stay at the campsite with good facilites. The most recent addition to the camp site are two glamping tents.
Helle and Peter have been the site managers since 2019.
The hosts work together with the board with the aim to create an attractive camp site for visitors and to be a great place with both for families and more mature campers. A place of enjoyment for all, for those who enjoy time on the campsite and for those who want to enjoy the local nature and coastline.